How to Text to Give
Text-to-Give gives you a convenient, lightning fast way to give. It will take you about 2 minutes to set it up and you can attach any payment method including bank accounts, debit and credit cards.
- Text to 84321 the amount (example: $500 or $100.00) and the first three letters of your campus location (example oko for Okotoks). By selecting the first three letters of your campus location you are assigning your tithe specifically to your campus. Sending to more than one designation? Type “$250 llo $50 n4s” or “$205 to llo and $50 to n4s” (more on the other keywords/funds you can use below).
- If your number hasn’t already been set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link be guided to the next step. This phone number is a shared number and potentially used by other churches in your area. Select MyVictory. (A list of churches in the area will be suggested. If you are already in our database through our volunteer system, kids check-in or church database, our church will be highlighted as the “suggested” church.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you’d like to use for text-to-give. If you’re already a donor and you’ve added a payment method before (say, a bank account or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation.
- Confirmed. You will receive a confirmation text and an receipt will be emailed to you.
Donations can be directed to more specific funds using the keywords below:
“cla” – Claresholm general fund
“cla-care” – Claresholm MyCityCare*
“let” – Lethbridge General Fund
“let-care” – Lethbridge MyCityCare*
“llo” – Lloydminster
“llo-care” – Lloydminster MyCityCare*
“oko” – Okotoks
“oko-care” – Okotoks MyCityCare*
“n4s” – Not4Sale (Dedicated to rescuing children out of the sex trade)
“STOP” – This will immediately deactivate Text-to-Give.
“REFUND” – Donors can issue this command within 30 minutes of donating to initiate an automatic refund if they typo’d their giving amount. (Example: 1000 instead of 100.)
“MISTAKE” – If you make a mistake and you used a bank account to process your giving instead of a credit card, REFUND may not work because bank account donations take so long (and can’t be refunded until they “settle” in the bank system). Instead, use the MISTAKE keyword. This keyword will cancel the donation before it enters the banking system. When a donation is cancelled this way, it’s like it never happened.